Series - Private Investigator Licensing - Part 1

As part of our current series on licensing issues within the Private Investigation field we have located some questions and answers on the NSW Police website. 
To avoid legal ramifications please ensure any investigator you hire is appropriately licensed.

Q1 - Why do I need a Master licence when I already have an Operator licence?

An operator licence authorises a person to carry out CAPI activities whilst employed by a master licence holder. If you wish to carry on business in CAPI activities, including working as a subcontractor, you must hold a Master licence.

Q2 - My employer wants to subcontract my services for financial reasons. What type of licence do I need?

Any person sub-contracting CAPI activities is required to hold a Master licence as well as an Operator Licence for the CAPI activities they undertake.


Don't forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn to keep up-to-date with our latest news and evens.