Summation of licence requirements so far.

So far we have covered aspects of PI licensing in NSW and VIC. 

In NSW you need an individual Commerical & Private Inquiry (CAPI) Agent Licence if you are an employee of a larger business or company. If you run your own business or company and advertising for your own work, or sub-contract to larger firms, you need to hold a Master Licence.

If you are in VIC and working as an employee of a larger firm, or as a Sole Trader (and not employing anyone) you need to hold a Private Security Licence with an endorsed activity of "Investigator". If you are running a Company, Partnership, or Trust, or if you are a Sole Trader who engages other investigators, you need to hold a Security Business Licence for the services of "Investigator". 

Don't make the mistake of using unlicensed or incorrectly licenced investigators. 

Contact us and we will help you check the credentials of any PI you are considering using.